“When the mind perceives that the environment is safe and supportive, the cells are preoccupied with the growth and maintenance of the body. In stressful situations, cells forego their normal growth functions and adopt a defensive ‘protection’ posture.
The body’s energy resources normally used to sustain growth are diverted to systems that provide protection during periods of stress. Simply, growth processes are restricted or suspended in a stressed system.
While our systems can accommodate periods of acute (brief) stress, prolonged or chronic stress is debilitating for its energy demands interfere with the required maintenance of the body and, as a consequence, leads to dysfunction and disease.” Dr Bruce Lipton
In the ancient Vedic scriptures, there is a well known saying, “as above, so below.”
Strangely, they knew way back then the rules responsible for what happens on the deepest quantum level are exactly the same rules of physics, chemistry and biology that control everything from the individual at a cellular level right through to the most complex organisms.
Your body is made up of an intelligent network of trillions of cells that are designed to work harmoniously together.
A cell has its own versions of the very same biological components that make up a whole person.
Each cell has a digestive system, an excretory system, a respiratory system, a musculoskeletal system, an immune system, a reproductive system and a cardiovascular system.
A cell also interacts with other cells in its community via special SIGNALS, much in the same way we communicate with fellow members of our community through speech, language, art and music.
Just as we feel stifled and unable to perform optimally when we are forced into an environment that feels threatening or alien, cells react in a similar manner when subjected to unfavorable conditions.
Cells will only thrive in the right environment, a healthy environment.
In my case, the working environment I was in was so negative, alien and stress-inducing that my immune system actually started to attack itself and, at a relatively early age, I got my first taste of a life-threatening disease.
As soon as I left that environment and decided to move closer to my music partner, Dr Mishra, to do more of what I really love,….
I got better.
Not just better, but I became more successful, happy and wealthy than ever before in my life.
Knowing what I know now, I actually believe if I were to go back to my old job to work with the same managers, I would probably be able to handle the environment a lot better and possibly THRIVE.
I was stressed back then because of how my mind perceived the environment at the time.
How To Create A Healing Environment For Your Mind And Body
- Find ways to manage the stress in your life If your job brings you down now is the time to do something about it. If you are being bullied in a relationship, get some help to fix it or end the relationship. Stop multitasking immediately. Watch funny films or stand-up comedy, or do anything that makes you laugh out loud! Laughter is the best medicine.
- Find something you are passionate about and love to do Make a list of things that get you out of bed in the morning! Take up a new hobby; learn to play an instrument; practice a new sport; start painting. Learn new skills, or go back to the things you loved to do when you were younger.
- Change your environment and surround yourself with more positive and supportive people. I cannot stress the importance of this enough. We absorb so much energy from our surroundings, both good and bad. Finding a new online community changed my life for the good; it can for you, too!
- If you can take time off work and use this precious time to plan out the dream life you always wanted. I used my time to build an online businesses so that I did not have to go back to work. You can do something similar with your time too, if you use it wisely!
- Speak to an occupational health advisor. Mine was brilliant and gave me a lot of extra support through her recommendations.
- f you are holding on to negative emotions like anger,regret, guilt, envy or hatred, do the work to forgive and forget. This applies not only to the people or events you hold these feelings for, but most importantly, yourself. We all make mistakes; it is part of life and from these mistakes, we grow. Recognize your past (and future!) mistakes as learning opportunities that you can also use to teach and inspire others.
- Create a healing sanctuary for your body – Use spa’s, masssages, candles, oils, therapy sessions, and immerse yourself in relaxing and soothing scents, and music.
- If you are suffering from a chronic illness, perceive it not as an illness, but as a gift that gives you the chance to make a complete 180◦ shift in your life for the greater good! This shift in your perception will be the catalyst for your eventual cure.
How To Create Your Own Healing Sanctuary
A healing sanctuary is peaceful environment that you can create for yourself at home to give your body some time out to experience a state of peace and tranquility – making this a regular practice will de-stress your mind and body and promote self healing.
1. Fill a bath with warm water, making sure it is hot enough to feel comfortable, but not so that it cools down too quickly, so that you have at least 30 minutes of deep relaxation time. Keeping it around body temperature of 37C is recommended if you are using bath salts – see step 2.
2. Add Himalayan bath salts to help revitalize and harmonize your skin cells (optional)
Here is a great article with advice on how to do that: http://products.mercola.com/himalayan-salt/bath-salt.htm
3. If you use any bath soaps, make sure they are additive free if possible.
4. Light scented candles to create a nice healing aroma. Jasmine & sandlewood are both very relaxing aromas, and turn off the lights.
Here is a great blog post on healing aromas http://waxylady.wordpress.com/2009/05/12/candle-aromatherapy-how-can-scents-and-fragrances-affect-your-mood-and-attitude/
5. Now relax into the bath, and press play on your favorite relaxation music, or choose something from our Trypnaural library or from one of our various other products that you may have purchased.
If you have not, then check out our “Powered By Trypnaural” product list here
I now use a waterproof Sony Xperia smartphone that has noise cancelling technology that is excellent for creating an immersive sound experience.
You can also play the music through a decent stereo hi-fi player too, or any other mp3 player that you may have – bear in mind trying to not get it wet.
I have also taken my mp3 player while having a massage – our Trypnaural music combined with massage is truly an experience you will never forget.
Paradise Healing Spa Music
This is a sample of our 1 hr Paradise healing spa music that is one of our most popular sessions and used in many spas across the world.
You can find this along with many other sessions like this inside our Trypnaural library.